Individual accounts within cPanel can create backups for their site via the cPanel interface. The backup that is created via this method will backup the user’s home directory, any sql databases owned by the user, and any cPanel configuration settings for that user.
Most users access their domain’s cPanel by going to http://domainname.com/cpanel or http://cpanel.domainname.com (be sure to substitute your domain name for domainname.com in the examples provided here).
For further information about the various backup solutions provided by Liquid Web, please check out this: Backups Demystified
Taking a cPanel backup:
– Log into cPanel for your account.
– Go to the Files section and click on ‘Backup‘.
– Click on ‘Download a Full Website Backup’ or select a previous backup from the menu and click download.
– Set the ‘Backup Destination’ as Home Directory and click Generate Backup.
– Once this finishes running you can download the newly created backup via FTP or SFTP. It will be named youraccountname.tar.gz.
If you do create a backup using this method, please remove the backup after you have downloaded it to a local machine. Backups can be quite large and will start taking up a lot of your disk space if they are not removed after they are generated and downloaded.