cPanel Tutorial: Paper Lantern Walkthrough
I. How To Log In To cPanel II. How To Create an Email Account in cPanel III. How To Set Your Default Address in cPanel IV. How To Set up an Autoresponder in cPanel V. How To Set up Email Forwarding in cPanel VI. How To Set up Email Filters in cPanel VII. How To Enable Spam Protection in cPanel VIII. How To Add an MX Entry in cPanel IX. How To Use Webmail from Within cPanel X. How To Change Your cPanel Password XI. How To Update Your Contact Information in cPanel XII. How To Change Your cPanel Theme XIII. How To Change the Primary Language in cPanel XIV. How To Add a Record With the DNS Zone Editor in cPanel XV. How To Back up Your Website in cPanel XVI. How To Use the Disk Space Usage Tool in cPanel XVII. How To Create Additional FTP Accounts in cPanel XVIII. How To Password Protect a Directory in cPanel XIX. How To Use the IP Blocker in cPanel XX. How To Set up Hotlink Protection in cPanel XXI. How To Create a Subdomain in cPanel XXII. How To Create an Addon Domain in cPanel XXIII. How To Create a Domain Alias in cPanel XXIV. How To Set up Domain Redirects in cPanel XXV. How To Create a MySQL Database in cPanel XXVI. How To Use the Index Manager in cPanel XXVII. How To Create Custom Error Pages in cPanel XXVIII. How To Set up a Cron Job in cPanel
- This tutorial assumes you’ve already logged in to cPanel, and are starting on the home screen.
- Now let’s learn how to setup hotlink protection.
- Click the “Hotlink Protection” icon.
- Hotlink protection prevents other websites from directly linking to certain files (typically images) on your website. You’ll want to prevent this if you have copyrighted images, or to simply save on bandwidth usage. You’ll first want to make sure your own sites are listed here, so you are able to hotlink to your images.
- Enter all the file types you want to protect …
- … and check the “Allow direct requests” box if you want to give the ability to manually enter URLs of a protected file.
- Enter the URL you want to redirect to, for anyone who tries to hotlink to your files or images.
- Then click “Submit”.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully enabled hotlink protection.
- To disable hotlink protection, click the “Disable” button.