High Availability Database Hosting
Modern websites and applications are only as reliable as the databases that power them. That’s what makes a dedicated database server a key component of any high-performance hosting infrastructure. High Availability (HA) Database takes that a step further to protect your mission-critical databases — and insulate your business — from costly downtime by ensuring that your databases are always available.
An HA Database solution provides instant data replication between two redundant nodes — an active database server and a hot spare — using proven, enterprise-grade tools to monitor and automatically fail over in the event of a fault or failure. That redundancy also makes it possible to perform routine software upgrades, security patches, and hardware upgrades with minimal interruption.
Protect Your Business From Unexpected Downtime
How It Works
High Availability Database
- Provides your MySQL database with a highly reliable back end that's fully redundant and optimized for performance — with no configuration or maintenance required on your part.
- DRBD®: Distributed Replicated Block Device allows for synchronous data replication. Whenever data is written to disk, the changed blocks are immediately replicated to the other node.
- Heartbeat: Heartbeat provides cluster infrastructure services such as resource monitoring and messaging to facilitate automatic failover and keep your business online.
- Application server / SaaS
- Big Data, Analytics, and Informatics
- Government, Scientific, Healthcare
- Mission-critical sites
For a web server configuration, explore High Availability Hosting.