cPanel Tutorial: Paper Lantern Walkthrough
I. How To Log In To cPanel II. How To Create an Email Account in cPanel III. How To Set Your Default Address in cPanel IV. How To Set up an Autoresponder in cPanel V. How To Set up Email Forwarding in cPanel VI. How To Set up Email Filters in cPanel VII. How To Enable Spam Protection in cPanel VIII. How To Add an MX Entry in cPanel IX. How To Use Webmail from Within cPanel X. How To Change Your cPanel Password XI. How To Update Your Contact Information in cPanel XII. How To Change Your cPanel Theme XIII. How To Change the Primary Language in cPanel XIV. How To Add a Record With the DNS Zone Editor in cPanel XV. How To Back up Your Website in cPanel XVI. How To Use the Disk Space Usage Tool in cPanel XVII. How To Create Additional FTP Accounts in cPanel XVIII. How To Password Protect a Directory in cPanel XIX. How To Use the IP Blocker in cPanel XX. How To Set up Hotlink Protection in cPanel XXI. How To Create a Subdomain in cPanel XXII. How To Create an Addon Domain in cPanel XXIII. How To Create a Domain Alias in cPanel XXIV. How To Set up Domain Redirects in cPanel XXV. How To Create a MySQL Database in cPanel XXVI. How To Use the Index Manager in cPanel XXVII. How To Create Custom Error Pages in cPanel XXVIII. How To Set up a Cron Job in cPanel
- This tutorial assumes you’ve already logged in to cPanel, and are starting on the home screen. Let’s learn how to password protect a directory.
- Click the “Directory Privacy” icon.
- Select the directory to start with, then click “Go”.
- Select the directory you want to password protect by clicking its name.
- Check the “Password Protect” box, then give a name for the directory, and click “Save”.
- The directory is now protected and requires a password to enter it via a browser.
- We must, therefore, create at least one user, and assign them a password so they can access the directory.
- Assign a username and password in the “Create User” section.
- The protected directory now has one user who has access to it. Repeat this process for each additional user you want to grant access for.
- You can see the new user we just added in the “Authorized Users” section.