A Squid Proxy Server is a feature-rich web server application that provides both reverse proxy services and caching options for websites. This provides a noticeable speedup of sites and allows for reduced load times when being utilized.Continue reading “How to Install Squid Proxy Server on Ubuntu 16.04”
What is the Browser Cache?
Do You Need W3TC?
The short answer is an overwhelming Yes!
W3 Total Cache is currently the best WordPress plugin for cache-based, performance optimization. W3 Total Cache improves the overall speed of your site by caching multiple elements on your pages which improves the overall responsiveness of your webserver.
What Does Varnish Do?Varnish is a website accelerator. It’s designed to decrease the time it takes for your website to load and an ideal tool for improving performance on busy, mission-critical sites. Continue reading “What Does Varnish Do? [Infograph]”
Memcached works to enhance performance by keeping a copy of commonly used script elements within the server’s memory in a form that is more easily read by the server thus reducing time. A bonus feature of this object cache is its ability to decrease the number of connections to your database. In this tutorial, we instruct how to install Memcached, but it’s important to note that when using Memcache in an application, the application must be specially coded or configured to store and retrieve data this cached data.Continue reading “Install Memcached on Ubuntu 16.04”
- These instructions are intended specifically for installing the Memcached PHP Extension on a single Ubuntu 15.04 node.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Core Managed Ubuntu 15.04 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.
- Follow our tutorial on How to Install Memcached on Ubuntu 15.04 prior to this KB!
- These instructions are intended specifically for installing XCache, an open-source opcode cacher, on Ubuntu 15.04.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Self Managed Ubuntu 15.04 server with Apache and PHP installed, and I’ll be logged in as non-root user. If you need more information then visit our tutorial on How to Add a User and Grant Root Privileges on Ubuntu 15.04.