- Log into your Cloud Sites control panel.
- Click on the website where you’ll be creating your database.
A domain alias is an alternate name for a website. A common use for domain aliases is so mysite.com and mysite.net show the same information. It’s easy to set up domain aliases in Cloud Sites.
When setting up domain aliases in Cloud Sites, remember the alias you create will show the same content as the website where you set up the alias.
Websites hosted on subdomains make up a large subsection of the internet. If you own a domain you can create as many subdomains as you want with it. This can be useful when you want to create isolated sections of your websites with specific functions. Creating subdomains is useful if you want to have an online store, blog, or forum.
Continue reading “Creating a Subdomain in Cloud Sites”
Once you have ordered Cloud Sites control panel it will be added to your Liquid Web account. From this point you can add websites to the control panel to begin developing and managing them on Cloud Sites.
Add a domain
- Once you’ve registered your domain using the steps in our article Registering a Domain Name (Main URL), navigate to your Cloud Sites control panel.
- Basic knowledge of FTP client usage is recommended.
- These instructions assume you already have an FTP client installed on your computer.
- A Liquid Web account with the Cloud Sites product will be necessary to follow along.
Upload site files to Cloud Sites via FTP
You may have heard of FTP—File Transfer Protocol. FTP moves files from your local computer to your website. However, FTP is not a secure file transfer method. Malicious attacks often target FTP.
Continue reading “Uploading Files to Cloud Sites Using FTP”
For Cloud Sites customers, new and old, logging into your Cloud Sites control panel is likely one of the first things you’ll want to know how to do. Using the control panel you can leverage the power of the Cloud Sites platform in a simple to use interface.
Logging into Cloud Sites control panel
- Open your web-browser to: https://www.liquidweb.com/
- Click ‘My Account’ in the top nav bar.
- Enter your username and password and click Login.Assuming you provided the correct credentials you will see the dialog update.
- In the My Account dialog click the “Cloud Sites Control Panel” button.
You are now logged into the Cloud Sites control panel!
If you have any questions or concerns our Heroic Support® team is always here to assist. Please feel free to open a ticket, make a call, or start a chat!