- Basic knowledge of FTP client usage is recommended.
- These instructions assume you already have an FTP client installed on your computer.
- A Liquid Web account with the Cloud Sites product will be necessary to follow along.
Upload site files to Cloud Sites via FTP
You may have heard of FTP—File Transfer Protocol. FTP moves files from your local computer to your website. However, FTP is not a secure file transfer method. Malicious attacks often target FTP.
Continue reading “Uploading Files to Cloud Sites Using FTP”
Getting Started With WordPress Optimized Template
- SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is the most secure way to upload files to your WordPress Optimized Template site.
- This article is intended specifically for connecting to a WordPress Optimized Template site using the free, cross-platform FTP client FileZilla, but the connection details should apply to any FTP client.
Step #1: Enter the Connection Details
- FTP/SFTP connection details are included in the “Welcome to your new WordPress site” email that was automatically sent to you upon adding the site in the Sites section of your Manage dashboard. In case you don’t have that handy, you will use:
- Host: The domain name or IP address of the site
- Username: The WordPress admin username created when adding the site
- Password: The password you assigned to the WordPress admin user when adding the site
- Port: 22 (Port 21 can be used for a standard FTP connection, but it is not recommended. SFTP should be used for maximum security. All connection details other than the port number are the same either way.)
- In FileZilla, enter the host, username, password, and port into the Quick Connect toolbar and press the Quickconnect button.
Continue reading “How To Connect To Your WordPress Optimized Template Site Using SFTP”
Apache Cassandra is a NoSQL database intended for storing large amounts of data in a decentralized, highly available cluster. NoSQL refers to a database with a data model other than the tabular relations used in relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL.
FileZilla is one of the most popular cross-platform FTP clients around. Here’s how to add an FTP user to the client.
Continue reading “How To Add an FTP Account to FileZilla”
One of the most common tasks that a website owner will do is upload one or more files to their site. While it is a simple task, there are many ways to go about accomplishing it, each with their own quirks and best practices.
Continue reading “How To: Upload Files To A Server”
One simple way to improve your Linux server’s security is to use SFTP or SCP instead of regular FTP.
Continue reading “Using SFTP and SCP Instead of FTP”