Reading Time: < 1 minute
Please note that this article is considered legacy documentation for an older account management system.
Liquid Web’s Managed WordPress
product is a complete WordPress hosting solution, optimized for maximum performance and blazing speed, backed by our Heroic Support®. Liquid Web WordPress Optimized Template servers are designed from the ground up to provide:
- 100% SSD storage to maximize disk I/O
- HipHop Virtual Machine (HHVM) for unparalleled PHP execution speeds
- Memcached to fully leverage caching
- mod_pagespeed to automatically applies web performance best practices to your Apache installation
- Isolated server environments
- Automated daily backups
- Automatic WordPress core & plugin updates (configurable)
- Free domain SSL certificates for each site
- WP-CLI for full control of your sites without the need to log into WordPress itself
- SSH and SFTP access, plus cPanel for each WordPress site you create
- Multisite WordPress available on any site
- Convenient dashboard for deploying new WordPress sites in seconds
- Our Heroic Support® technicians are here 24/7/365 to answer any questions and offer help whenever you need it.
- Around-the-clock, proactive service monitoring means we start working on any potential issues the moment they are spotted.
- Most migrations to WordPress Optimized Template are free of charge (some limitations may apply).
This series is designed to serve as a starting point for ordering, deploying, configuring, connecting to and managing your WordPress Optimized Template server. If you need assistance or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Reading Time: 2 minutes
In this article, we will be reviewing how to connect to your WordPress Optimized Template using SFTP as the connection medium.
SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is the most secure way to upload files to your WordPress Optimized Template site. This article is intended specifically for connecting to a WordPress Optimized Template site using the free, cross-platform FTP client FileZilla, but the connection details should apply to any FTP client.
Continue reading “Use SFTP To Connect To WordPress Optimized Template”
Please note that this article is considered legacy documentation for an older account management system. The information, however, is current.
Reading Time: 5 minutes
Using the Command Line Tools
Liquid Web’s WordPress Optimized Template
servers come with a pre-installed set of command-line tools designed to simplify common site maintenance tasks. WP-CLI
(WordPress Command Line Interface) can be accessed via SSH, and allows you to do nearly anything that can be done from within the WordPress admin interface. Continue reading “Using WP-CLI With Your WordPress Optimized Template Site”
Reading Time: 2 minutes
WordPress Optimized Template sites installed via the Sites tab in Manage automatically are backed up each day, with the server retaining the 10 most recent backups. You can easily restore any site from an available backup in the Sites
dashboard in Manage. Continue reading “How To Restore WordPress Optimized Template Backups”
Reading Time: 4 minutes
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of changing a domain’s M
) record(s) to point email at a different VPS server
. MX records are a critically important part of a website’s DNS because they tell the rest of the internet where to send email for a domain.
Continue reading “cPanel How To: Change a Domain’s MX Record”