- Getting Started With WordPress Optimized Template
- How To Deploy A WordPress Optimized Template Server
- Adding Sites To Your WordPress Optimized Template Server
- How To Connect To Your WordPress Optimized Template Site Using SFTP
- Using WP-CLI With Your WordPress Optimized Template Site
- How To Restore WordPress Optimized Template Backups
WordPress Optimized Template sites installed via the Sites tab in Manage automatically are backed up each day, with the server retaining the 10 most recent backups. You can easily restore any site from an available backup in the Sites dashboard in Manage.
- This article applies specifically to Liquid Web’s WordPress Optimized Template servers.
- Restoring a site from backup will completely overwrite all of its existing content (both the files and the database). If you are not completely certain that the existing files will no longer be needed, you may wish to back up the database and download the database backup and site files locally using SFTP with a client such as FileZilla.
Step #1: Open the site in the Sites dashboard
Click on the [+] next to the domain name to expand the window, then select the desired restore point from the Automatic Backups section.
Step #2: Restore the Site
- After clicking on the radio button next to the desired restore point, click the Restore button to restore the site. A confirmation window will pop up to remind you that you will be overwriting the existing site with the contents of the backup. Any changes made to the site since the chosen backup was made (comments, posts, etc.) will be completely overwritten and can not be recovered. If you wish to proceed with restoring the site, click the Restore WordPress Domain button.
If you are not completely certain that the existing files will no longer be needed, you may wish to back up the database and download the database backup and site files locally using SFTP with a client such as FileZilla.
- The restoration process will begin, and you will see a banner at the top of the page alerting you that the process is under way. The time it will take to complete depends entirely on the size of the site directory and database.