Liquid Web has developed a Hosting Toolkit that provides web developers and curious technophiles a Performance Tool for website testing. We make it easier than ever to optimize and troubleshoot by providing connectivity tests from different geographical locations accompanied with an easy to read grading system for site performance. Continue reading “Website Performance Tool”
II. Understanding Menu Items in File Manager
III. Understanding File Structure in File Manager
IV. How To Create New Files and Folders in File Manager
V. How To Copy and Move Files in File Manager
VI. How To Rename Files in File Manager
VII. How To Upload and Download Files with File Manager
VIII. How To Edit Files with File Manager
IX. How To Change File Permissions with File Manager
X. How To Zip and Unzip Files in File Manager
This tutorial assumes you’ve already logged in to cPanel’s File Manager.
Let’s first learn how to zip the files.
- Select the files you want to compress by clicking on each file icon while holding the control key.
- Click on “testfile.html”, “newtest.html” and “Chrysanthemum.jpg” one by one.
You have selected all of the files you want to compress. If you want to select all files and sub folders in this folder, simply click Select all. Now click Compress.
- You will get a popup asking for a compression type. Let’s choose Zip Archive.
- Click on Compress File(s) to continue.
As soon as it has completed, you will get a progress window like this one. Click Close to continue.
Your files have been successfully compressed!
- Now let’s learn how to extract a compressed file. Select the “Chrysanthemum.jpg.zip” file we just compressed.
- Click on Extract.
- It will ask you where to extract the zip file. Just choose your destination and click Extract File(s).
- Again, it will show your progress in a popup. Just click close to continue.
Congratulations! You have successfully extracted the files.