JS frameworks: React, Angular, or Vue?
- React is quite fast due to the implementation methods of React Virtual DOM and various rendering optimizations.
- React provides good server-side rendering support, which is convenient for content-oriented applications.
- React provides excellent support for the Progressive Web App (PWA - mobile site creation format) thanks to the “create-react-app” application generator.
- React transitions easily between versions as Facebook provides “code modules” to automate many of the processes.
- React uses functional programming concepts to create easy-to-test and reusable code.
- You can apply the knowledge and skills gained in React to development on React Native - this is a framework for developing cross-platform applications on iOS and Android.
- The community is often divided by writing CSS in React, which are divided into CSS module type style sheets and CSS-in-JS, which does not always affect projects well.
- React is increasingly moving away from the programming paradigm of object-oriented programming (OOP), which for many, can become an obstacle, especially for those who like to use and apply it.
- Mixing logic patterns can be disconcerting for developers initially.
Some companies which use React are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Netflix, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Airbnb, Codecademy, Slack, Microsoft, New York Times, Yahoo, and many others.
- Angular was developed using Typescript and as such, has close support ties with it.
- Angular has detailed documentation which is easily understandable, but there is a good learning curve in place.
- Angular-language-service: This service provides for auto-completion of the HTML component templates.
- Angular supports MVVM (or Model-View-ViewModel) which lets developers work separately in the same section of the application using the same dataset.
- Angular uses one-way data binding. This provides exceptional application behavior, which minimizes the risk of possible errors.
- Angular's structure and architecture are specially designed for the high scalability.
- A wide variety of different structures (Components, Pipes, Modules, Injectables), which complicates the study compared to other frameworks that use only “Components”.
- Rather slow performance, on the other hand, is solved by using the “Change Detection Strategy,” which helps to control the rendering process manually.
Companies that use Angular include Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Apple, Adobe, GoPro, Udemy, YouTube, PayPal, Telegram, Nike, MacDonald’s, AWS, and many others.
- Vue provides improved HTML capabilities, which help to optimize the processing of HTML blocks. It shares many similar characteristics with Angular.
- Vue can be used to create single-page applications, as well as for more complex web-based interfaces.
- Vue adaptability can easily be transported from one framework to another due to the similarities with React and Angular in terms of design and architecture.
- Vue is small in size and takes up very little space while maintaining its speed and flexibility This often aids in achieving good production capacity.
- Vue's scaling capabilities helps us when developing large reusable patterns.
- Often, there can be issues when integrating Vue into larger projects, due to a deficiency of experience in solving existing problems.
- Vue does lack of popularity somewhat due to a lack of extensive experience in good implementation solutions, and other technical aspects.
Companies using Vue include Alibaba, Xiaomi, GitLab, Adobe, Nintendo, and EuroNews.
Let's begin with the statistics from Google Trends. Due to the fact that we can sort by different input data, statistics may vary. Google Trends can provide more than just framework information.
As you can see, React always has more requests than others. It is also important to note the regions in which you are most interested.
As you can see, React always has more requests than others. It is also important to note the regions in which the frameworks are most interested.
The following graph outlines the experience range.
And here is the salary ranges for each framework.
Statistics from developers on Stack Overflow collected for 2019 are as follows.
Most loved, dreaded and wanted JS frameworks.
Here are download statistics from GitHub.
Finally, we also present an overview of all the features of each framework.
In reviewing all three of these frameworks, React, Angular, and Vue, our choice would be React. Granted as stated earlier, using the right tool for the right job is paramount so your choice may vary. All three platforms are used by major firms across the world and each offers multiple benefits from which we can utilize. Overall, the winner as selected by developers is React.
To see which Liquid Web service can provide the most benefit to you and your product, give us a call at 800.580.4985, or open a chat or ticket to with us to speak with one of our knowledgeable Solutions Team or an experienced Hosting Advisors today! We can provide solid answers to your questions about which options are right for you!
About the Author: Ellen Sletton
I'm 23 years old Linux Tech who always takes NO as Next Opportunity. Every day I'm trying to learn something new and share my knowledge with others. My free time I spend with my dog Emil or doing some UI/UX design or simply making an inspiring photo for my blog :) Sharing knowledge helps me generate new ideas and stay motivated.
Our Sales and Support teams are available 24 hours by phone or e-mail to assist.
How to Install React.js on WindowsRead Article
How to Use Disk Quotas in Dedicated Linux Servers With PleskRead Article
Guide on Connecting to Remote Servers Using SSH in Linux, Windows, or macOS SystemsRead Article
New User Tutorial: What is DNS?Read Article
Difference Between AlmaLinux and Rocky LinuxRead Article