With the recent release of cPanel & WHM version 58 there has been the addition of an AutoSSL feature, this tool can be used to automatically provide Domain Validated SSL’s for domains on your WHM & cPanel servers.
Initially this feature was released with support provided for only cPanel (powered by Comodo) based SSL certificates, with the plans to support more providers as things progressed. As of now, cPanel & WHM servers running version 58.0.17, and above, can now also use Let’s Encrypt as an SSL provider.
- These instructions are intended specifically for a managed Liquid Web server with cPanel.
- The server should be running cPanel & WHM version 58.0.17, or higher.
- Command line and root level access via SSH will be necessary to follow this tutorial.
Enable Let’s Encrypt Auto SSL Provider
In order to install the Let’s Encrypt AutoSSL provider plugin you will simply log in to the server as the root user via SSH and execute the following command:
Running this will add and install the necessary RPM files in order to support Let’s Encrypt as an AutoSSL provider. The command should yield results similar to the following:
Enable Domains With AutoSSL
Once you log in to WHM for your server.
- Search for “Manage AutoSSL” in the upper left-hand search box.
- Click the “Manage AutoSSL” option from the dropdown list.
- Next select the AutoSSL provider you want to use, for this example we will choose cPanel (Powered by Comodo). If you are interested in a faster process you can run the above steps but with Let’s Encrypt instead of cPanel (Powered by Comodo), which completes in minutes rather than hours.
- Then hit “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Select the “Manage Users” tab at near the top of the page.
- Select “Enable AutoSSL” to secure your domain(s) with AutoSSL.
- Click “Check (your domain)” for SSL’s on each domain/s.
You have now successfully enabled and run AutoSSL for your selected domain/s. The process of receiving the SSL can take some time, from a few hours to two days. Once received, AutoSSL fully automates the installation of the SSL.
Our Sales and Support teams are available 24 hours by phone or e-mail to assist.