In order for one of our clients to start using the ‘one time secret’ tool within manage, you will need to login to the Manage portal to get started. Typically, passwords are not meant to be shared. Unfortunately, sometimes you will need to share a password or other sensitive data with the support admin you are working with. Regrettably, trying to pass along individuals character over the phone can be frustrating, annoying, and overly time consuming, and more so when a password is long and if the phone has a bad connection.
So, what can we do when it is time to share a password with support? Using the One Time Secret tool in your Liquid Web account allows you and your Heroic Support admin to share a password in a safe and secure manner that will enable them access to your password or other sensitive data.
The One Time Secret tool is also useful when you need us to change a server’s root password for you or, we need a cpanel password to assist you with a support request.
So, how do we access and utilize this tool? Let’s jump right in…
- Log into your Liquid Web account.
- From the home page of your account, click on Account in the left side menu and then, one the “Secrets” tab.
- This will open the One-Time Secret home page.
- Click Create New One-Time Secret.
- Enter the message or password you need to share with us. This will encrypt the message and store it in an internal database.
- Click Submit One-Time Secret to save your password. Click the link below to view the secure one-time secret.
Both you and the admin can now view the password. Passwords are decrypted when the secret is viewed.
Have more questions about this tool? Reach out to one of our Heroic Support admins 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by creating a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org, opening a chat with us or giving us a call at 1-800-580-4985. We are always looking forward to providing an answer to any questions you may have!
Thank you for hosting with Liquidweb!
Our Sales and Support teams are available 24 hours by phone or e-mail to assist.