It’s one thing to have your skill set and another thing entirely to know how to market your skills. How should your clients pay you? How much should you charge? What will the arrangement be?
There are many factors to consider when you’re trying to set up a sustainable online business. In this episode, Chris defines the sustainable business model and weighs various factors freelancers and online stores need to consider in order to create profitable enterprises. If you’re looking for the best way to monetize your online services and store, or wondering how that might change over time, then this episode is right for you!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The definition of sustainability and why it serves as the main goal of our online business
- The pros and cons of different fee structures. Chris considered different reasons for charging a flat rate vs payment by the hour, and how those should change based on your experience and the tasks you’re being asked to do.
- The ways your price and fee structure might change over time, depending on your clients, expertise, and economic performance.
References and Resources
- Liquid Web Website: https://www.liquidweb.com
- How to Price Your Product: What You Need to Know About Pricing Before You Launch https://www.shopify.com/blog/how-to-price-your-product