Hosting Management and Security Take the Headaches Out of HIPAA Compliance.
As our business has grown, we’ve come to host many clients that transfer highly critical information that must remain confidential under HIPAA privacy standards. With this type of customer in mind, we have taken advantage of some of our industry-leading managed hosting tools to make HIPAA compliance-ready hosting easier than ever to attain.
Often, the consequences of the loss or compromise of this data could cause irreparable damage to a client’s reputation, if not even more serious legal penalties. In order to ensure our clients are protected, we have crafted the ideal plan, making sure technical controls, backup management, safeguards and physical security policies are in place, all to verify that your data is secured to industry standards.
All of our Data Centers are designed to provide you with the tools to ensure compliance physically, environmentally and across the entire network infrastructure in addition to providing around the clock Heroic Support® engineers, on-site, whenever you need them. Additionally, a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) is available upon request, which will require the acquisition of server configurations that meet minimum security requirements shown below.
Single Server Configuration Recommended for HIPAA Compliant Hosting
- Single Dedicated Server for Web & Database Use
- Cisco Firewall
- Hot Swappable Disk Chassis
- Physically Locked Cabinets
- Fully Managed with Heroic Support®
HIPAA Compliance: Security & Solutions
Data Center Physical System Security
- Minimize Risk of Loss and Theft
- 24/7/365 Manned Facility
- Closed Circuit TV Security Cameras
- Monitored 24/7/365 by 3rd Party Security Company
- Site Entrance Controlled by Electronic Perimeter Access Card System
- Minimize Risk of Damage
- High Security Facilities
- Data Centers Privately Owned and Operated
- Durable, Poured Concrete External Walls
- Disaster Neutral Geographic Locations
- Advanced Fire Prevention Infrastructure
- Dry Pipe Preaction, Double Interlock System
- NFPA 13 Compliant
- Entry Security - Access Controls
- Exterior Entrances Secured by Mantraps with Interlocking Doors
- Access to the Data Center Space Requires Secure Credentials
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Multiple N+1 MPS Generators
- Multiple Fuel Contracts Ensure Fuel Availability for Generators
- Multiple N+1 UPS Systems with 30 Minute Minimum Runtime.
- Server Chassis Feature Redundant Power Supplies (Available)
- Server Chassis Have A/B Power Configurations (Available)
- Redundant ASCO Closed Transition Bypass Isolation Transfer Switches
- Capability to Provide Tier-4 Power
- Four 10 Megawatt Feeds Available
- Diverse Paths from Substation
- 2N Power Available
- SSAE-16 (formerly SAS70) & Safe Harbor Compliant
- Office Space Separate from Data Center Space
- Advanced Proximity Credentials Required to Access Data Center
- All Employees Receive Full Background Check
- Key Locked Physical Server Rack Enclosures Available
- Component Level Redundancy Available for Hard Drives
- Hot and Cold Spare On-site Servers Available
Network Configuration and Technical Security
- Network Device Management
- Hardware Cisco Firewall Devices Available with Full Management
- Qualified Engineers Available 24/7/365
- Assistance with Hardware Firewall Configuration
- Outbound and Inbound Traffic Filtering Available
- Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Modules Available
- Network Redundancy Ensures Failover
- Diverse Connectivity Fiber Paths Into Building
- Dedicated Meet-Me Room
- Bandwidth Co-Op solutions
- Carrier Neutral
- On-net transport to most major global cities
- Remote VPN
- Remote Secure VPN Implementations and Management Available
- Encryption (Triple DES or AES)
- Authentication (Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels) with Strong Passwords, Pre-Shared Key and Certificate
- DMZ Implementations
- Assistance with Log Management and Monitoring
Protect your data with Liquid Web® Guardian, our fully managed, robust backup solution for Linux and Windows Managed Dedicated Servers. Liquid Web® Guardian continuously captures your entire system configuration to an off-site facility for disaster recovery.* Guardian uses replication, synchronization, and point-in-time snapshots to provide protection of your complete server environment, so our Sonar® Monitoring team can recover your exact server configuration in the case of a catastrophic event. When you pair our Guardian backup solutions with our state-of-the-art, secure Data Centers - featuring SSAE-16, PCI compliance, Safe Harbor Certification, and 24/7/365 on-site Heroic Support® - we can ensure unparalleled uptime and safeguard against data loss in even the most extreme circumstances.
- Continuous Backups
- Incremental Snapshots
- Bare-Metal Disaster Recovery
- High Performance, Low System Impact
- cPanel Administration Plugin
- MySQL Database Plugin
- Disk Safe Data Encryption Available
How It Works
- During normal host operation, the Guardian agent keeps a journal of disk changes. Incremental backups know what sectors on the disk have changed before the backup operation even starts. Guardian’s method is less resource intensive than traditional file-by-file or block-by-block backup methods.
- Guardian directly reads your hard disk volumes at the sector level, bypassing the file system for the ultimate in performance and recovery. Our disk sector synchronization is performed while the server is online and causes no interruption to I/O requests, even on a busy server.
- By reading the disk at the lowest possible level, Guardian captures incremental recovery images, containing your files and all the required information for consistent point-in-time system-wide backup images.
- These sector-based backups increase throughput and reduce overhead so that servers can be fully operational with minimal performance impact while the backup is taking place. Backups can usually be performed at anytime, even on busy servers.
- Our Disk Safe feature allows us to safely store your backup data by encrypting it on the backup nodes. This feature can’t be disabled later, it has to be configured with a fresh backup snapshot. Disk Safe currently supports encryption using 128-bit RSA Keys and the Blowfish Cipher for symmetric encryption.
- When necessary, you can restore servers directly from your disk-based backups. Unlike traditional backup software, there is NO need to first partition your drive and install the operating system. In addition, our bare metal recovery greatly increases the speed of complete system recovery from a catastrophic failure.
- Our Managed Dedicated Server customers who are running Linux can easily manage their backups through the Liquid Web Guardian cPanel Plugin, accessible directly from your cPanel interface. Continuous backup of MySQL databases is also available via an optional plugin.
- Server Secure Plus - We have innovated on top of our exclusive ServerSecure™ installation service. A setup option available for our dedicated servers, ServerSecure™ ensures optimal compatibility, paramount integrity and the most efficient usage of your server/servers. We have upgraded this service to iron-clad standards by adding daily CXS scans and a multitude of server hardening features available exclusively to those opting for ServerSecurePLUS™. What would have taken hours of installation work and the help of an outside system administrator, is now at your fingertips with the help of ServerSecure™ and ServerSecurePLUS™.
- Brute Force Detection and Evasion
- Apache DOS Prevention/Protection
- E-Mail Virus Filtering
Exclusive to ServerSecurePLUS™
- Daily CXS Scan
- SSH/cPanel/FTP Hardening
- Webserver & PHP Hardening
- Monthly Nessus® Vulnerability Scans
- DDOS Attack Protection/Mitigation
- Detect and Block Emerging Application-Layer DDoS Attacks
- Deploy a Turnkey Solution to Stop Threats
- Accelerate Responses to DDoS Attacks
- Prevent Illegitimate Botnet Communications
- Leverage Real-time Security Intelligence
- Mitigate Volumetric Attacks
- Block Illegitimate traffic from Costing you Money in Bandwidth Charges
Partner with a Leader
Since 1997, Liquid Web has been a leader in managed hosting. Our team of over 400 thrives on creating interesting solutions to help our clients reach their business goals.
Let’s Talk About HIPAA HostingWe’ll design a custom solution for you. Contact us today.
Thank you. Your request has been submitted. We’ll be in contact with you shortly.