One of the biggest reasons for poor web page performance, are images being added to sites that are far larger than needed. Managed WordPress Portal partnered with TinyPNG to provide a solution for site slowness due to oversized photos. The Compress JPEG & PNG images plugin from TinyPNG is included in your hosting package, free of charge. This plugin allows you to be proactive and solve the technical burden of getting your site to load up quickly.
Let’s take a look at how you can access and use the Bulk Optimization feature.
- From your WP Admin Dashboard, click on the Plugins link.
- Once the plugins page opens, scroll down until you see the Compress JPEG & PNG Images plugin.
- To begin using the plugin, confirm that it is activated.
- Once the plugin is activated, click the Media link in the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
- Next, click the Bulk Optimization link in the Media menu.
- The plugin analyzes the images you have uploaded to your site and provides you with statistics on the size of uncompressed images and number of images.
- To begin optimizing your images, click the Start Bulk Optimization button below the statistics.
- This will begin the compression and optimization of all the images in your media library. You will see the percentage of completion as the process works.
- As it processes, you will see the Total Savings section change. This is total size savings of compressed images.
- Once the optimization process is completed, a listing of the images and the amount of compression performed will display.