Please note that this article is considered legacy documentation.
Pre-Flight ChecksFirst thing to consider are the detach and reattach functions. Each function will force a reboot of your server instance. Secondly, the detach functions need to be completed for every server instance before the network is ready for upgrade. This means you’ll have to detach every instance before you can attach to the new network. Thirdly, once attached to the new network you’ll be assigned new IPs, so you’ll need to update any configurations appropriately. It’s recommended that you have all your configurations in order and ready to upgrade ahead of time. Further, it’s recommended that this process is handled during a maintenance window as you’ll be momentarily losing your backend connectivity.
The Process:Actual steps for upgrading:
- Log into manage.liquidweb.com for your account.
- Select Networking from the side bar
- From this page, select the Storm® Private Network tab
- Click “Detach” for every server attached to the network. A detach will need to be done for every server attached to the private network
- Ensure all servers are detached from the private network
- Now you can attach the desired servers to a private network again.