- These instructions are intended specifically for installing Oracle Java 8 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Core Managed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server with Apache and PHP installed, and I’ll be logged in as a non-root user. If you need more information then visit our tutorial on How to Add a User and Grant Root Privileges on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Apache Cassandra is a NoSQL database intended for storing large amounts of data in a decentralized, highly available cluster. NoSQL refers to a database with a data model other than the tabular relations used in relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL.
- These instructions are intended for installing Cassandra 2 on a single CentOS 6 node.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Core Managed CentOS 6.4 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.
- You may be able to skip to Step #2 if you already have a stable version of Java 7 (preferably the Oracle/Sun JVM). Check to see if your server already has Java installed by running the following command: java -version Continue reading “How To Install Cassandra on CentOS 6”