- These instructions are intended specifically for solving the error: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html) found.
- I’ll be working from both Liquid Web Core Managed CentOS 6 and CentOS 7 servers, and I’ll be logged in as root.
Today, we will be reviewing how to configure Apache virtual hosts on a CentOS 7 VPS server or Dedicated server. If you host websites, chances are you are hosting more than one. If so, knowing how and why these virtual hosts work should allow you to better understand why they are needed. By default, Apache can host only one document root for all requests, which likely isn’t what you want to happen.
We can use VirtualHost blocks to translate named domains into their appropriate document roots, with new settings per-block as needed. But, what goes into a valid VirtualHost? Where should it be stored?Continue reading “How to Configure Apache Virtual Hosts on CentOS 7”
- These instructions are intended for creating a self-signed SSL certificate and assigning it to a domain in Apache.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Core Managed CentOS 6.5 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.
- These instructions are intended to address specifically the following scenario: Set Up a Default Configuration Webserver and Limit Access
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Self Managed CentOS 6.5 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.