One of the tools most commonly used by systems administrator and wed designers is phpMyAdmin. The phpMyAdmin interface provides a web driven graphical interface that is used in manipulating and managing mysql databases.
On Plesk servers the link to access phpMyAdmin can be slightly hard to find. This guide will walk through the menu options to choose in order to access phpMyAdmin for a specific domains database. The step by step instructions detailed below are from the perspective of logging in with the admin username. If logging in as a client or domain user a couple steps may be skipped, but ultimately the same destination should be reached.
- To start with log into the Plesk interface.
- Once within the interface click on ‘Domains‘. This will display a list of all of the domains currently on the server.
- Find the domain being worked on and click on it. The section that will load is used to make setting and configuration changes specifically for the domain in question.
- Within this domain-level section go ahead and click on ‘Databases’. This will display a list of all of the databases currently associated with the domain being worked on.
- Within this section up toward the top there is a link for ‘Webadmin‘. Clicking on this link will open phpMyAdmin for the database being workd on.
It is important to note that the Webadmin link will open up a pop-up window for phpMyAdmin. If a popup blocker is installed on system the IP address for the server will need to be allowed.
Our Sales and Support teams are available 24 hours by phone or e-mail to assist.