Liquid Web requires anyone contacting our support team to authenticate their account in order to receive any nonpublic information about a website, or to receive any information about a server or account.
Authentication is a critical step in ensuring that your data remains secure and that no personal or privileged information is ever provided to anyone other than you, the account holder, or your authorized representative.
To authenticate, you will need to provide your Support Passphrase any time you call for support or contact us via LiveChat. The only exception is for chats initiated while logged in to Manage, which are considered pre-authenticated.
If you do not yet have a Support Passphrase or have forgotten it, you can easily set or reset it from your Manage dashboard.
Step #1: Log in to Access Your Account Settings
Log into your account at https://manage.liquidweb.com/.
- If you’re unable to locate your password, you can click the Forgot Password link and enter your username to receive an email and instructions to reset your password.
- The email will be sent only to the primary email address we have on file for your account.
Once logged in to your Manage dashboard, click on the Account link in the menu on the left side of the page to bring up your Account Summary.
Step #2: Set or Update Your Support Passphrase
On the top of the Account Summary page, locate the Preferences directly under this you should see Support Passphrase. To view the current support passphrase simply click the Show Passphrase link. To update and set the support passphrase:
- Locate and click the Edit link, found to the right of the Preferences heading.
- Enter your desired passphrase in the Support Passphrase field.
- Click the Save button to update our records with your Support Passphrase.
Keeping Your Data Secure
By setting your Support Passphrase and providing it when you call, you can help us to ensure that only you have access to information about your account.