II. Understanding Menu Items in File Manager
III. Understanding File Structure in File Manager
IV. How To Create New Files and Folders in File Manager
V. How To Copy and Move Files in File Manager
VI. How To Rename Files in File Manager
VII. How To Upload and Download Files with File Manager
VIII. How To Edit Files with File Manager
IX. How To Change File Permissions with File Manager
X. How To Zip and Unzip Files in File Manager
This tutorial assumes you’ve already logged in to cPanel’s File Manager.
You can rename files and folders the same way. There are actually two ways to do this.
- Let’s try it. Double click on “newtest.html”.Make sure you click on the file name only and not on an icon or anywhere else.
- One way is to double click on a “File Name” and simply type a new name.
Now type a new name. In this case, we will just add “my”, so the name will be”mynewtest.html”. Press enter after you’re done.
- Now let’s try another method. Single click on “mynewtest.html”and then click on Rename.
- Type your new name here. In this case, we will just remove “my” from the name.
- Now click Rename File to apply the changes.
You have successfully renamed the file.You can rename folders the same way.
Tagged with: cpanel • file manager