Tutorial: cPanel File Manager
I. How to Access cPanel File Manager II. Understanding Menu Items in File Manager III. Understanding File Structure in File Manager IV. How To Create New Files and Folders in File Manager V. How To Copy and Move Files in File Manager VI. How To Rename Files in File Manager VII. How To Upload and Download Files with File Manager VIII. How To Edit Files with File Manager IX. How To Change File Permissions with File Manager X. How To Zip and Unzip Files in File Manager
- To change the permissions of a file, select it first. Single click on “testfile.html”.
- Click on Change Permissions.You will see a popup window with some checkboxes. Let’s understand this window first.
There are three type of owners of the file.
- User – means you.
- Group – the users from your website, who have access to these files.
- World – end users who access your site via a web browser.
- To set 755 permissions, just check the boxes appropriately.
- Now click on Change Permissions to apply these changes.