II. How To Create a MySQL Database in cPanel
III. How To Delete a MySQL Database in cPanel
IV. How To Create a MySQL Database User in cPanel
V. How To Assign a User to a MySQL Database in cPanel
VI. How To Change a MySQL Database User's Password in cPanel
VII. How To Remove a User from a MySQL Database in cPanel
VIII. How To Delete a MySQL Database User in cPanel
IX. How To Check a MySQL Database for Errors in cPanel
X. How To Repair a MySQL Database in cPanel
XI. How To Manage a MySQL Database with phpMyAdmin in cPanel
Users responsible for managing databases require suitable access and privileges to carry out specific tasks. This tutorial walks you through how to assign a user to a MySQL database in cPanel.
- A server with cPanel.
- cPanel login credentials.
- Log into cPanel.
- A previously created MySQL database.
How To Assign a User to a MySQL Database in cPanel
1. Log into cPanel.
2. Click the MySQL Databases icon under the Databases section.
3. Under Add User To Database, select the user you want to add and the database to which you want the user added. Once the selections are made, click Add.
4. Select the privileges you want to grant the user. For this tutorial, select the check box next to All Privileges. Once your user privileges are set, click Make Changes.
5. A success indicator appears in the upper right-hand corner of the window advising the user has been assigned to the database.
6. To see the user assigned to the database, navigate to the MySQL Databases page under Current Databases.
This guide on how to assign a user to a MySQL database in cPanel helps you provide access to the users needing access to your databases.
Check out the next article in our MySQL tutorial series on How to Change a MySQL Database User’s Password in cPanel.
- ChatGPT Integration — How to Create a Plugin for ChatGPT
- Stable Diffusion AI Image Generator (SDXL) — Using the Web UI
- How to Install VMware Tools on Ubuntu: Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Install WordPress on Linux (AlmaLinux)
- What is CentOS? Everything You Need to Know
- Virtual Desktop Environment — Configuring Kasm Workspaces
Our Sales and Support teams are available 24 hours by phone or e-mail to assist.