- These instructions are intended specifically for adding a user on Fedora 21.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Self Managed Fedora 21 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.
Step 1: Add the User
It’s just one simple command to add a user. In this case, we’re adding a user called mynewuser:
Now set the password for the new user:
Step 2: Grant Root Privileges to the User
For a refresher on editing files with vim see: New User Tutorial: Overview of the Vim Text Editor
Find the following code:
## Allow root to run any commands anywhere
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
In this case, we’re granting root privileges to the user mynewuser. Add the following below that code:
mynewuser ALL=(ALL) ALL
Then exit and save the file with the command :wq.
If you’ve followed the instruction above correctly, then you should now have a user setup by the name of mynewuser which can use sudo to run commands as root!
- How to Install Apache Tomcat on Linux (AlmaLinux)
- ChatGPT Integration — How to Create a Plugin for ChatGPT
- Stable Diffusion AI Image Generator (SDXL) — Using the Web UI
- How to Install VMware Tools on Ubuntu: Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Install WordPress on Linux (AlmaLinux)
- What is CentOS? Everything You Need to Know
Our Sales and Support teams are available 24 hours by phone or e-mail to assist.