Note: The instructions in this tutorial are for the Managed WordPress Portal, these instructions do not apply if you have a Liquid Web Managed WordPress Server Optimized Template account.Managed WordPress Portal will automatically backup your live site daily and store the last 30 days automatically. Even though your site will be backed up automatically, you have the option to manually create a backup of your site at any time. Any backup can be downloaded from the Portal and onto your local drive, giving you the ability to securely store a backup offline to restore your site.
The backup process described in this article is for backups of the live site only. Staging sites are not automatically backed up. Use SFTP to perform a manual backup of your staging site and store it on your local computer.
- To view or create a backup, log into your Managed WordPress Portal.
- Click Manage Site for the site you want to backup.
- Select Backups from the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
- When the backups page opens, a chronological list of the backups created will show.
- Click the Create a New Backup button to begin the process of backing up your site.
- Once complete, the backup will show at the top of the list.
- You can now download the backup to your local computer by clicking the Download Backup link.