Liquid Web’s Managed Private Cloud is a flexible and versatile Cloud-based hypervisor platform. While this outstanding solution has been available for several years, it still may be our best-kept secret. If you desire the ease of deploying virtual instances in the cloud, want to maintain the separation and isolation of a traditional dedicated server, all within a simple-to-use management console, Liquid Web Managed Private Cloud may be for you. The many advantages include:
- Create, move, resize and destroy virtual instances quickly and easily
- Greater management control over allocated CPU cores, RAM and Disk Space
- The ability to operate multiple servers in the cloud, but maintain isolation on a dedicated host
- Easy management of multiple server instances for multiple clients, especially for Web Professionals, digital marketing agencies and hosting resellers
- Ease in consolidating of multiple Cloud VPS Instance and/or Cloud Dedicated servers onto a private host
- Directly control resources allocated to your child instances to fully utilize the server capacity, increasing the value of the solution as you utilize more resources
Liquid Web Managed Private Cloud (also referred to as Private Parent) allows you to create and manage your own Managed Private Cloud hypervisor host from directly the Liquid Web customer management portal. We’ve made it easy for you to manage, and you are in complete control. Best of all, you don’t need expertise in VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, XenServer or KVM to take advantage of the value of virtualization.
Create and configure virtual instances exactly as you wish with the Managed Private Cloud from Liquid Web.
The Liquid Web Private Cloud Solution is Purpose-Built to be Simple
- Create the Managed Private Cloud Parent. You create the Managed Private Cloud Parent by choosing the size of the Cloud Dedicated server you would like as the host hypervisor. Creating and deploying a Private Cloud host server is instantaneous.
- Create the Child Instance. You create the Child Instance virtual server directly from within the customer management portal.
- Change the RAM, disk space, and vCPU. You have full control and flexibility to set the RAM, disk space and vCPU assigned to each Cloud instance on your Managed Private Cloud host. These are easily adjusted using simple slider bars.
- In much the same way as Cloud VPS Instances, each Child Instance operates independently of the other instances hosted on your Managed Private Cloud host server.
- You have the option to over-allocate vCPU resources, allowing you to get as much utilization out of your server resources as possible. However, do so cautiously. Performance can be impacted with too much over-allocation.
- Child Instances can be a mix of Operating System options, allowing CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian and Windows Child Instances to exist on the same Managed Private Cloud host.
- Existing Cloud VPS and Cloud Dedicated servers can be ‘resized’ onto your Managed Private Cloud host.
- Child Instances that outgrow your Private Cloud host can be ‘resized’ off the Managed Private Cloud host onto a Cloud VPS Instance, Cloud Dedicated server, or another Managed Private Cloud host.
- Your Child Instances are completely isolated from other customers.
- Isolate Child Instances from each other. For example, separate your Web Server and Email to prevent email issues from crashing your website, and vice versa.
- Child Instances have independent bandwidth allocation, IP address allocation, and backup schedules.
Managed Private Cloud Host Server
Managed Private Cloud hosts can range as small as 4-cores (Intel i5-750), 4 GB RAM and 453 GB SATA and can go up to 24-cores (Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690v3), 32 GB RAM and 939 GB SSD. Check out our current promotions.
If your project requires Microsoft Windows Server Child Instances on your Managed Private Cloud host, we’ve got you covered. Licensing for Microsoft Windows Server Standard Edition is available at the Managed Private Cloud host level on a per-processor basis, and automatically is applied to the cost of the Managed Private Cloud host server when the first Windows Server Child Instance is created or added to the host.
Windows Server licensing charges $125.00/month apply to single-processor Managed Private Cloud hosts with Windows Server Standard licensing, while a dual-processor Managed Private Cloud host server with Windows Child charges $250.00/month.
Because the server resources (vCPU, RAM, disk space) are already covered in the cost of the Managed Private Cloud host, the Child Instance pricing is based only on licensing, management fees, bandwidth and backup subscription.
Linux Child Instances
For instance, a Child Instance with CentOS 7 and cPanel/WHM Fully Managed with 5 TB outbound bandwidth included cost as low as $10.00/month, with backup cost billed at the end of the billing cycle based on actual usage ($0.12/GB). A core-managed or self-managed Linux Child Instance can be added for as low as no additional charge. With multiple Child Instances, the cost savings can be considerable over deploying on individual Cloud VPS instances or Cloud Dedicated servers.
Windows Server Child Instances
Microsoft Windows Server licensing typically adds $30-$50/month to the price of a Cloud VPS or Cloud Dedicated server. By deploying multiple Windows Child Instances on a Managed Private Cloud host, you can realize significant savings.
Remember, ALL Windows Server Child Instances created on a Managed Private Cloud Parent are covered by the processor-based Microsoft Windows Server licenses of the Managed Private Cloud Parent. Liquid Web also offers ESET Security for an additional $10.00/month at the Child Instance level. Microsoft SQL Server licensing is also available, with the cost based on the license level (Express, Web, Standard, Enterprise) and the number of vCPU cores assigned to the Child Instance (minimum license level of 4-cores for MSSQL).