Path to Success
In the Lansing Area?
These Lansing Area Educational Institutions prepare students for careers at Liquid Web:
Interested in joining the Liquid Web Team but don’t quite have the experience yet? Not to worry. You can become a Heroic Support team member in no time if you follow the simple steps below. The overwhelming majority of the staff we hire are experienced Linux System Administrators to support our customers’ web servers. A large majority of our customers use a free derivative of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS. At Liquid Web an ideal candidate is someone that is experienced in using and supporting CentOS. If you are a self-starter you can download CentOS free here: http://www.centos.org
If you would like to pursue an education that will prepare you to become a Liquid Web Team Member, please consider the following:
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA Exam (RH135)
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH255) recommended for Linux or UNIX administrators with 1-3 years of experience
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course with Exam (RH200)
- Red Hat Linux for Solaris administrators (RH290)
- RHCE Rapid Track Course with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH300) recommended for Senior Linux administrators
- RHCE exam objectives
Want to test your skills before taking the exam?
Take a free Red Hat Enterprise Linux online skills assessment to help eliminate the guesswork in choosing the most appropriate training path and starting course.
- Red Hat Linux system administration skills assessment Whether you’re interested in earning a certification or want to ensure you have the skills needed to succeed in an advanced system administration course, this skills assessment helps you identify the right training path based on your experience and desired goal.
Heroic Support is our Difference
Liquid Web is a technical company that serves highly technical customers, therefore it is paramount that our employees have strong technical skills. In addition to technical competency, Liquid Web prides itself on unmatched Heroic Support. Thusly, it is important that our employees have strong communication skills, excellent reading skills and business intelligence.
We have found the following business books to be excellent resources for continued education:
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference - Malcolm Gladwell
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose - Tony Hsieh
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don’t - Jim Collins
- ReWork - Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- Purple Cow - Seth Godin